completelyprivatefiles

Monday, January 30, 2012

Encrypted filenames coming for SecretSync

It's Monday, and we just wanted to make a quick post to give everyone an update.

First, we want you to know that the iPhone app is done and being submitted to the Apple App Store. Look for that soon, and of course as soon as we get approval, you'll hear about it here immediately.

We also wanted to let you know that SecretSync will soon have encrypted file names. This has been a fairly prominent user request, and it's our goal to get the features out that the most people need. This is currently under active development, and should be part of our product soon. Here's a screenshot:

SecretSync encrypted filenames

5 comments:

  1. I hope this will be an option, because if I need an earlier version of a file then I have to recognize which file is this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 problems with the software:
    1) I try to work with xlsx files (Excel 2010 on Win 7x64) in a secretsync subfolder and many times I can't save, because the excel warnings me about the file locking.
    2) I get too many conflict file, and several times I lost my last changes. I tried to turn off the secretsync sync, but isn't worked. I tried to turn off the dropbox sync but that also not worked. I would like to use the program to make safe & secret copy and version tracking and not for sharing (maybe this is a common demand) so I would like to propose a function: If somebody don't use sharing then that would be perfect if he/she can turn off this option and after he/she never get conflict, but can use the version control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a reinstall of secretsync and the problems started after this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tillz, sorry you're having problems. Can you submit a 'Technical Support' request here,

    http://www.completelyprivatefiles.com/contact/

    and we can look into it further. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, yes, this will be an optional feature.

    ReplyDelete